WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri: “I want players to play for the team, to be strong, to fight and to be competitive – I want no more. If you lose this how can you win?
“Not even the big players can win without fight. That is football.
“Last season we won because some big teams didn’t fight as well as us and now we want that back, not to win the title but to defend the title and not be in the relegation zone.”
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: “Maybe the (Leicester) players were so focused on the Champions League, the first experience in their lives, the travel, the music, everything. Sometimes you are not focused on the Premier League.
“But now they have qualified they have two months to focus on the Premier League. The players are there, the defensive structure is quite solid and the goalkeeper is really good.
“They have a lot of quality and I’m pretty sure they are going to come back to what they deserve.”
- Leicester took four points off Manchester City last season, winning 3-1 away and drawing 0-0 at home.
- However, the Foxes have never won at home to City in the Premier League (D2, L3), with their last home victory in any competition coming in February 1988 in the old Division Two.
- Leicester have only won one of their last nine league matches (D3, L5) and they are without a win in five games.
- However, they have lost just one of their seven home matches in the Premier League this season (W3, D3).
- Their return of 13 points is the second-worst record after 14 games of any defending champion in top-flight history, after Ipswich in 1962-63 (12 points).
- Riyad Mahrez has created just one goal-scoring chance for Jamie Vardy in the Premier League this season, despite them playing 939 minutes together.
- Vardy has failed to score in his last 16 appearances for Leicester in all competitions. His last goal came in their 4-1 defeat at Liverpool on 10 September.
- Manchester City have won six of their seven away games in the Premier League this season, the best record in the division.
- However, they have only won four of their last 14 matches in all competitions (D6, L4).
- City have scored in all but one of their 14 league matches under Pep Guardiola, but they have kept a clean sheet in just two of those games.
- Their tally of 30 points is Guardiola’s lowest as a manager after 14 games of a top-flight season.
- Kelechi Iheanacho has scored five goals in the last five Premier League matches that Sergio Aguero hasn’t played.
Live streaming match :